Heavy Metal Toxicity
This article and accompanying video is re-published with permission from the original author, James D. Jordan, CNC, JD of Create Vibrant Health.
One of the most important factors related to chronic poor health is the presence of high levels of toxic metals in one’s body, which can result in the suppression of immune and digestive systems.
Recently I’ve been receiving many clients who have chronic health problems that do not respond to any treatment with medications, diet or endocrine enhancing supplements. All of these people have high levels of toxins in their bodies primary among these being toxic metals.
Make sure you follow my three-step preparation phase (see below and in video) prior to the doing a heavy metal (HM) detoxification program.
Heavy Metal Toxicity: A primary cause of chronic fatigue and pain
Common Symptoms of Heavy Metal Toxicity
You may have heavy metal toxicity if you are experiencing any of these symptoms:
- Chronic pain throughout the muscles and tendons or any soft tissues of the body
- Chronic malaise – general feeling of discomfort, fatigue, and illness
- Brain fog – state of forgetfulness and confusion
- Chronic infections such as Candida
- Gastrointestinal complaints, such as diarrhea, constipation, bloating, gas, heartburn, and indigestion
- Food allergies
- Migraines and/or headaches
- Visual disturbances
- Mood swings, depression, and/or anxiety
- Nervous system malfunctions – burning extremities, numbness, tingling, paralysis, and/or an electrifying feeling throughout the body
Symptoms related to specific heavy metal:
Aluminum – Alzheimer’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, anemia and other blood disorders, colic, fatigue, dental caries, dementia dialactica, hypoparathyroidism, kidney and liver dysfunctions, neuromuscular disorders, osteomalacia and Parkinson’s disease.
Arsenic – abdominal pain,abnormal ECG, anorexia, dermatitis, diarrhea, edema, enzyme inhibitor, fever, fluid loss, goiter, hair loss, headache, herpes, impaired healing, interferes with the uptake of folic acid, inhibition of sulfhydryl enzyme systems, jaundice, keratosis, kidney and liver damage, muscle spasms, pallor, peripheral neuritis, sore throat, stomatitis, stupor, vasodilation, vertigo, vitiligo and weakness.
Beryllium – adrenal insufficiency, arthritis, bone spurs, bursitis, depression, fatigue, osteoporosis and symptoms of slow metabolism.
Cadmium – hypertension, arthritis, diabetes, anemia, arteriosclerosis, impaired bone healing, cancer, cardiovascular disease, cirrhosis, reduced fertility, hyperlipidemia, hypoglycemia, headaches, osteoporosis, kidney disease, schizophrenia and strokes.
Copper – acne, adrenal hyperactivity and insufficiency, agoraphobia, allergies, hair loss, anemia, anxiety, arthritis, autism, cancer, chronic candida albicans infection, depression, elevated cholesterol, cystic fibrosis, depression, diabetes, dyslexia, elevated estrogen, failure to thrive, fatigue, fears, fractures of the bones, headaches, heart attacks, hyperactivity, hypertension, hypothyroidism, infections, inflammation, insomnia, iron storage diseases, kidney and liver dysfunctions, decreased libido, multiple sclerosis, nervousness, osteoporosis, panic attacks, premenstrual syndrome, schizophrenia, strokes, tooth decay and vitamin C and other vitamin deficiencies.
Lead – abdominal pain, adrenal insufficiency, anemia, arthritis, arteriosclerosis, attention deficit, back problems, blindness, cancer, constipation, convulsions, deafness, depression,diabetes, dyslexia, epilepsy, fatigue, gout, impaired glycogen storage, hallucinations, hyperactivity, impotency, infertility, inflammation, kidney dysfunction, learning disabilities, diminished libido, migraine headaches, multiple sclerosis, psychosis, thyroid imbalances and tooth decay.
Mercury – adrenal gland dysfunction, alopecia, anorexia, ataxia, bipolar disorder, birth defects, blushing, depression, dermatitis, discouragement, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, hearing loss, hyperactivity, immune system dysfunction, insomnia, kidney damage, loss of self-control, memory loss, mood swings, nervousness, numbness and tingling, pain in limbs, rashes, excessive salivation, schizophrenia, thyroid dysfunction, timidity, tremors, peripheral vision loss and muscle weakness.
Nickel – cancer (oral and intestinal), depression, heart attacks, hemorrhages, kidney dysfunction, low blood pressure, malaise, muscle tremors and paralysis, nausea, skin problems, tetany and vomiting.
Sources of heavy metals
Three-step preparation phase to heavy metal detoxification
Many people have started heavy metals detoxification programs without preparing for it properly and have, not only not received the benefits they were seeking, many have caused harm to the bodies by stimulating the release of cellular stores of heavy metals without opening their detoxification pathways. The toxic metals damaged tissues, organs and glands and got redeposited into the tissues.
Three steps to prepare for heavy metal detoxification:
- Get on the right eating plan for your individual biochemistry. Each of us has a unique biochemistry and we need to find the right foods for ourselves. This can be done with metabolic typing or other individualized assessment. I can help you do this in 15-20 minutes. Those of you who are serious about heavy metals detoxification should contact my office and I will incorporate this into your first consultation.
- Make sure your bowels are moving regularly and check your liver and kidney function – either through a medical test or self-evaluation questionnaire ( I can email this to you before our first consultation). Most people will need support for their liver and kidneys before and during the heavy metals detox program.
- Get a baseline test to determine which, if any, heavy metals are adversely affecting your health. The results of this will determine which heavy metal detoxification program is best for you. There are several ways to assess heavy metals levels including: urine testing (through a doctor) and hair tissue mineral analysis ( I can do this for you).
Once you have accomplished these three steps you are ready to start clearing heavy metals from your system at a much faster rate than you currently are able to do.
The health improvements you can experience are amazing when you get the heavy metals load down to lower levels. In my experience I got my life back when I cleared up the mercury and nickle toxicity that had crushed my immune system.
When you clear up heavy metals toxicity most people will feel: more energy, clearer thinking, less pain, sleep better, better elimination and digestion, get less colds and flus, reduce headaches and overall more vibrant health.
James Jordan, CNC, JD
Advice and guidance from a gentle, holistic perspective
Food Pharmacy diet planning | Detoxification | Anti-aging | Hair mineral analysis